Going Keto? Get ready to finally reach your weight loss goals and keep them that way, with a simple, delicious, lifestyle change. In this guide to Going Keto, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this exciting new diet. From the basics of the diet, to meal prep tips and tricks, you’ll be a Keto master in no time. So, let’s dive in and see what Going Keto can do for your health and wellbeing.
1. Ready to Go Keto? Let’s Get Started!
So you’ve decided to take the plunge and give the ketogenic diet a try? Congratulations! You’re about to embark on a journey that will not only be delicious, but is sure to provide you with long-term health benefits. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect:
- A significant reduction in body fat
- An increase in energy levels
- Improved mental clarity and focus
The ketogenic diet is all about dramatically reducing your intake of carbohydrates, while increasing your intake of healthy fats and proteins. This helps your body enter a state of ketosis, where your body begins burning fat for energy, rather than glucose from carbohydrates. To get started, here are a few tips to help you transition to a ketogenic lifestyle:
- Cut out the processed foods and “white” carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, white rice, etc.
- Replace the carbs with healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, grass-fed butter, etc.
- Make sure you’re getting adequate amounts of healthy proteins like chicken, fish, and nuts.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
Now is the perfect time to give the ketogenic diet a go. While it may come with some initial challenges, the rewards will be well worth it. So get ready and let’s get started!
2. A Guide to The Pros and Cons of Going Keto
If you’ve been searching to slim down, reduce your carb intake, or simply eat healthier, you’ve likely encountered the ketogenic diet. It’s one of the hottest trends in diets today and there is a lot of information out there on it. Here is a quick overview of all the pros and cons of going keto:
The keto diet is a great way to lose weight, as it pushes your body to burn fat as its primary fuel instead of carbohydrates. In addition, keto can lead to increased energy, improved mental clarity, and appetite suppression.
The keto diet can be difficult to stick to as it requires major dietary changes. Plus, it can cause some unpleasant “keto flu” symptoms like brain fog, nausea, constipation, and cramps. And if not done correctly, the diet can cause nutrient deficiencies and an imbalanced gut microbiome.
3. What You’ll Need To Begin: A Keto Shopping List
Ready to start stocking your pantry and fridge with keto-friendly staples? Use this list to get you started. The items found here are ideal building blocks for creating healthy meals that are both nutritious and exciting.
Take note: If you don’t see your favorite foods in this list, that’s okay! There are plenty of curated keto-friendly recipes that can be prepared with the below items. Simply organic everything is your best bet, but don’t get overwhelmed if you can’t find all organic.
In Your Fridge:
- Grass-fed butter/ghee
- Full-fat cream cheese
- Coconut milk
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Lemon/lime juice
- Free-range eggs
- Meats (chicken, beef, pork, etc)
- Pork rinds
- Cheeses (Parmesan, feta, blue cheese, cheddar, etc)
- Seafood (salmon, shrimp, tuna, etc)
- Nut dipped yogurt
In Your Pantry:
- Coconut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc)
- Nut butters
- Seeds (pumpkin, sesame, chia, etc)
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- Psyllium husk
- Low-carb sugar substitutes (erythritol, stevia, monk fruit, etc)
- Unsweetened coconut, almond, hemp or oat milk
- Bone broth
Remember – you don’t need to go all-out shopping in one day! Gradually build up your keto kitchen as your diet progresses. For now, have fun exploring the keto-friendly world.
4. Simple Strategies: Tips For Amp’ing Up Your Weight Loss Game
Getting in shape doesn’t have to be complicated – all you need to get and stay on the path to your fitness goals are simple and effective strategies. Here are some strategies to help amp up your weight loss game:
- Be mindful of your diet. Maintaining a healthy diet is essential to successful weight loss. Focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods, and create a meal plan that will be both enjoyable and sustainable. Try to stay away from sugars and saturated fats as much as possible, and incorporate nutrient and fiber-rich foods.
- Make time for exercise. Working up a sweat is vital to achieving weight loss – the more active you are, the more caloric expenditure you will get. schedule at least 30 minutes daily to get up and move – whether it’s a rigorous workout routine or a brisk stroll around the block.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can be damaging to your health, and can hamper your weight loss goals. Make sure to get 7-9 hours of shuteye every night. Lack of sleep can throw off your bodily hormones, leading to poor food choices and possibly even weight gain.
- Stay hydrated. Water is important for every part of the body – it helps with digestion, detoxification, metabolic function, and the absorption of nutrients. Make sure to get your 8 glasses of water a day to help you feel energized and hydrated for better workouts.
Incorporate these simple strategies into your daily routine, and you’ll be well on your way to reaching your goals in no time! Applying small yet consistent habits into your life can do wonders – set realistic goals, stay focused, and keep a positive attitude, and you’ll be able to reach those health and fitness goals you desire.
5. How To Track Progress: Key Keto Milestones and Metrics
Achieving keto success is a process. To truly succeed, you need to be able to track and monitor your progress along the way. There are many key milestones and metrics to watch, which will help you reach your ultimate goal.
- Macronutrients: monotor your macronutrients intake (fat, carbs, and protein) in accordance to your macro goals.
- Ketone levels: measure your ketone levels regularly.
- Weight: the old-fashioned way to track progress is to step on the scale.
- Food log: a food log helps you identify patterns in your diet.
- Overall health measurements: measure your blood pressure, lipid profile, triglycerides and glucose levels.
These metrics are important to keep track of your progress and will help make sure that you stay on the right track with your keto journey. It’s important to keep track of these milestones and metrics so that you can understand your progress with each step you take. Once you have a clear understanding of where you currently stand, you can make better choices going forward.
Q and A
Q: What is the keto diet?
A: The keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet that helps you to burn fat and get into ketosis, a metabolic state where your body breaks down stored fat as its primary source of energy.
Q: What are the benefits of going keto?
A: Following a keto diet can lead to more energy, better sleep, better mental focus and clarity, increased fat burning, improved cholesterol levels, and even weight loss.
Q: Does the keto diet mean eating nothing but bacon?
A: Not at all! While it is true that the keto diet is high in fat, it doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy healthy and nutritious foods, like grilled fish, dark green vegetables, eggs, nuts, avocados, and even some dark chocolate!
Q: Is it difficult to stick with the keto diet?
A: Like any diet, it requires commitment and being prepared. But with recipes like keto-friendly pizza and cheesecake, it doesn’t have to be boring or difficult. Plus, you can adjust the carb-amounts to best meet your body’s needs.
Q: How do I know if the keto diet is right for me?
A: Before starting any diet, it’s always best to discuss your goals and lifestyle with your doctor. They can help you decide whether the keto diet is the right choice for you.
You’re well on your way to achieving your health and wellness goals with the ketogenic diet — just remember to stick to it for the long haul! With the right combination of dedication and discipline, you’ll reach all your weight-loss goals in no time. Enjoy your journey and don’t forget to stay keto strong!